Pages

Saturday, January 07, 2012

Day after day

I run up and down stairs, along the tops of estates. I'm hidden under wintry layers. My breath escapes in billowy, incriminating wisps. I step on through my trails of cloud, look out across the treetops. I hurry on. And my mind drifts.
What a tempting communion.

If you click upon this link, there is a story told through a delicious scroll of illustrations and spoken word.
http://the-bea.st/

I love Laura Marling's diction, it's clear cut and lilting. She moves us whilst it seems she herself hardly stirs or smiles, a pretty static performer. But the songs stand alone, she doesn't need to impress us with anything else.

"The beast was a creature I did not know, I held him once and could not let him go."
Yet "the more you bent and shook for me the more inclined I was to flee",
says she.

Laura Marling - Night after night

No comments:

Post a Comment