Pages

Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Drawing plans all night


A thread of blue light
Draped a brewery one night,

But here memory is murky.

From basement to roof we went.
It was with the fireworks and liqour
That my memory bent.

We wobbled back over a fence,
Skirted the river,
Handed the building to the pigeons

And to the past tense.  

Sleep covered the events,
It poked black moth-holes in the fabric,
And in a delicious muddle I woke.

I searched my pockets for clues.   
I found:
A tarot card, a map of the stars
And some dirt-caked shoes.

True story (a poet i'm not).



               














I love this song.

 ~ Scan the stars,
Spin it tight.
Measure all the angles (You make it)
Ride your bike all night (You make it right)
Read the book,
Draw plans all night,
All night ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment